13 October 2010

A very powerful image...

Cheshire, Ohio, 2009

While looking for photographs about contemporary issues, I came across this image by American photographer Daniel Shea.


Personally, I think he is a very good photographer, in terms of content, context and technique.  He has established a unique medium-format-ish, de-saturated colour technique for his images, and it usually works really well with the subject matter that he chooses to photograph.

I also found another image by Shea that I immediately liked.  It's composition, colour and unusual subject matter just really interested me.  To me, it also looks fake, like its a very tiny chair sitting on hand-made rocks or something... similar to the work of Slinkachu...


Larry Gibson’s Chair, 2007


Artist's website: http://dsheaphoto.net/


No comments:

Post a Comment